Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas and Engaged!!

Pin It!

Our Christmas day in Brussels, Belgium was wonderful!
We slept in, and hung out in our pajamas
for the better part of the morning and early afternoon.
We watched A Christmas Story and then started cooking our Christmas dinner.
 Garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, corn and BBQ'd steaks
{steaks were actually cheaper than the small turkeys here!}

After dinner we watched the movie Love Actually
 It's also become kind of a tradition for Brandon and I to watch it every year.
Afterwards, I told Brandon I was sleepy
but he asked me if we could stay downstairs for a little bit
because he wasn't ready for bed.
He went to the basement to get his laundry
and I curled up on the couch to read my book.

When he came back upstairs,
he sat next to me and we just talked by the Christmas tree.

Brandon:
"Are you a little bummed there were no presents this year?"

Me:
"No, it's not really the presents that make Christmas,
but I sure did miss the shopping and the wrapping etc."

Brandon:
"Well, I actually do have a little present for you"
{which made me feel terrible because I had nothing for him}

He went to dig something out of his pocket
and I didn't even realize he had gotten down on his knee.

And before I knew it,
there was black box in front of me and I thought I was going to faint.
I don't really even remember what he said,
{is that sad?} 
but I did catch the "will you marry me" part.

For some reason, the first thing I asked was, "Do my parents know?"
and he laughed and said,
"I will answer all of your questions, after you answer mine."
Of course I said YES!!!
This picture was taken a couple of hours before the proposal in the exact spot it happened.


And for those of you that are interested,
here is a picture of the ring although it doesn't do it any justice!
It's absolutely gorgeous and sooo sparkly :-)

4 comments:

Sara Mestas said...

Congrats Amira and Brandon! I love reading your blog and now I love it even more!

Mom said...

Congratulations Amira & Brandon! Dad & I are very happy for both of you! :)

Heather said...

:) the "our story" sections are always the 1st place I go on a new blog, haha... Love it!

PS - did your parents know?!

lilmoomoo said...

AWW :)

I don't remember a whole lot of what my hubby said when he proposed..
they say you lose your hearing and sometimes get tunnel vision when you are proposed to..
haha. I had both of those.

It was nuts..

and your ring is beautiful!!

lovelovelove,
moo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...