Wednesday, January 2, 2013

38 Weeks

Pin It!

With only two weeks to D-day, I'm starting to feel a little bit more anxious. Oddly, I'm also feeling more ready every day to get this show on the road! Maybe it's because of how uncomfortable I am a good portion of the day and night haha. Overall, I still really can't complain. Sometimes I feel like my ribs are going to burst open, and I always feel like I'm out of room - but she's already a really good baby :-) She's never rested on a nerve that has given me sciatica. She's head down just like she's supposed to be. And she moves constantly so her nervous mama doesn't start to panic that something is wrong.
Size of the Baby: At my 36 week doctor appointment they guessed that she was weighing 7 pounds. If that's correct, we are definitely going to have a chunker on our hands if she makes it to 40 weeks. According to my iPhone app, she is the size of a watermelon, and certainly feels like it.

Best Moment of the Week: Will officially be Friday, my last day of work (if I can make it.) As if I wasn't having enough trouble trying to breathe with chubby baby feet pushing on my lungs and diaphram, I came down with a cold over the weekend :-/

Maternity Clothes: Getting dressed for work is the worst part. I can fit in one pair of maternity jeans that are no longer comfortable. All I really want to be wearing is Brandon's pajama bottoms and a tank top.

Stretch marks: Still no stretch marks...but I realize they could pop up at anytime.... :-/

Weight gain: I actually lost about three pounds at my last appointment, and I have no idea how with all the sweets I've been inhaling. I think I'm just about out of room for food as well. This brings my total weight gain to around 34ish pounds, give or take.

Labor Signs: I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions pretty consistently the last week. My whole stomach will get rock hard and stay that way for about 20 seconds or so and then it will relax. I think I've actually been having them for awhile now, but I mistakenly thought it was the baby stretching inside that was making everything so hard and tight.

What I am looking forward to: Sleeping on my stomach! Being able to roll over from side to side without pain and grunting and so much effort. Being able to sleep without waking up 10 times to pee. Being able to sleep without my hands going numb. Although I realize once she comes, I might not be getting much sleep either haha. I also look forward to wearing my wedding ring again. But mostly I look forward to meeting our little one. Brandon set up her swing and it's just sitting in the corner of our family room. I keep looking at it and wanting her to be in it. Here's hoping she decides to come a little bit early :-)

Photobucket

14 comments:

Misty said...

Well that shows how long I have been out of the blog loop...I didn't even know you were pregnant. SO happy for you. There's no way to describe the overwhelming love and unbelievable joy the first time you hold her in your arms. Looking forward to "meeting" her on your blog! Happy pushing! :)

henning love said...

you are so cute amira!! there are so many great bloggers who are all due right around now and i am so excited to see posts announcing your child has arrived!! hope you get to "meet" her soon!! xoxo

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

Such a great update!!! The best feeling I'm sure is knowing you can't be pregnant forever. She can only hang out in there so long :) What do you mean by numb hands? I'm curious.

Unknown said...

I so ready for her to make her debut! So excited for you guys, and I'm keeping y'all in my prayers! Much love to y'all!!!

Sue // As It Seems said...

Oh my goodness your belly is so adorable! I'm looking forward to all the same things you are... so soon :)

Courtney said...

Oooooo I just can't wait to "meet" her!!

siniann said...

You look so beautiful! I can't wait to meet the baby, if you decide to share few pictures of her here. I hope the end of pregnancy will be as easy as it has been so far, same for the labour :)

Altax said...

You look great. Happy New Year.

Kids Games

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Aww congratulations! You look lovely. I'm excited for you to meet your little girl!!

Empirically Erin said...

Can't wait to see her!! I can't even imagine how excited you are right now!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for no stretch marks yet, happy last day of work, and here's to sleeping on your stomach hopefully sometime soon :)

Liz Brown said...

I know all of us readers are super impatient to 'meet' Avery ... I canNOT imagine what the impatience is like on your end! :)

Unknown said...

almost time! you look great!

Lindsay said...

You look so great! Not sure where that 34 lbs is going!? I hope I can look this good one day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...