Wednesday, August 28, 2013

3 Ingredient Pancakes

Pin It!

Okay, I'm sure we've all seen these on pinterest. Pancakes made with only three healthy ingredients (Banana, Egg, Baking Powder). My curiosity finally got the best of me. I made them for Brandon and myself this morning. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a huge egg eater...or banana eater. Yet somehow together I was impressed with the taste and texture. And I liked the ones I added cinnamon to so much better. I think what I like about these are that the options are endless, but you're at least starting with a fairly healthy base. I can imagine chocolate chips being amazing, or adding some oatmeal...or topped with butter and syrup, mmmmm. I also saw quite a few recipes that added peanut butter!

The recipe I followed is this one from Eugenie's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1.5 bananas
2 eggs
1/8 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:
-Whisk the two eggs together. 
-In a separate bowl I mashed 1.5 bananas making sure I left a good amount of chunks. 
-Pour the eggs on top of the bananas, add the baking powder and mix. 
-I used a spoon to spoon the mixture into a pan on medium heat. The pancakes are little (maybe 2-3 spoonfuls). 
-They cook for about 3 minutes and then when the edges seem to stay together when you try and lift them, I flipped them over. 
-After trying the first one, I added cinnamon to the batter and I also put a few blueberries in the batter.  

It made about 8-9 small pancakes.

Enjoy friends!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Sarah Shumate said...

I could see where they'd need the cinnamon! Adding it won't make them unhealthy!

I miss my griddle. We couldn't bring it with us to London. Pancakes were our Saturday tradition. :o)

Michelle said...

Wow, really? I'm amazing they look as pancake-like as they do, I'd imagine they'd be more runny. Will have to try!

Brittany T. said...

oh these look so yummy! :) I'd definitely add cinnamon too, I like that. These looks so easy to make. I am going to add this post link to my recipe email folder!

Jamie LaFuze said...

I'm a huge fan of these pancakes but have never used baking powder, just bananas and egg and make a giant pancake. Keeps me super full when I add a spoonful of almond butter :)

Courtney B said...

How have I never heard of this before?! I will definitely be making these this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...