Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Invitations by Sunshine & Ravioli

Pin It!

The invitations have been one of my favorite parts
of the wedding planning process.

During the very early stages of planning, I remember telling my mom:

 "Eh, who cares about the invitations, no one really remembers what
they look like and they end up throwing them away.
I want to spend very little time and money on the invitations."

That is... until I discovered Etsy
and the amazingly, creative individuals like Stephanie from Sunshine and Ravioli.

I first contacted Steph in February about designing a
 "vintage inspired" invitation.

She charges a $25 consultation fee for all customized work.
If you end up placing an order, the $25 goes towards your order.
During the early stages we emailed back and forth about
the colors, design and wording of the invitations.

All of her work is hand stamped,
and I had a hard time deciding between a bird,
and an oak tree as the image of the invitaions. 
We ended up going with the oak tree,
as it is reminiscent of the venue where we will be married
{in two short months!}


Part of our ever-growing pile


I opted for a glassine bag with a handstamped sticker seal
{instead of the more common inner envelope}


Not a very clear picture


The invitation and reply postcard came tied together with raffia...



Don't mind the crooked raffia in the next picture,
I tried to manuever the reply card out
{without having to untie it}



Reply Card...




I can't wait to get them in the mail!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...