Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gray Family Christmas

Pin It!

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone! My whole pregnancy I dreamed about Avery's first Christmas -- and I have to say it was slightly anti-climactic, ha. She had zero interest in opening presents (even though my mom wrapped hers in tissue paper to make it easier and more enticing). She was far more interested in the Christmas decorations (snow globes, candles, ornaments, etc.) We knew she really wouldn't be old enough to understand how magical Christmas is, but we're hoping next year she will! She got SO many beautiful gifts and we feel so lucky and so grateful.
We spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house, and the next morning had Christmas breakfast at my aunt's house, and then we drove back to Carlsbad and spent Christmas afternoon and evening with Brandon's family. It was EIGHTY degrees. I was so bummed that the cute Christmas sweater I had planned for Avery wasn't going to work. T-shirts and tutus it is!
I hope everyone had a magical Christmas! I can't believe that it's 2014!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Sarah Shumate said...

She'll definitely be into it next year! Lexie was only 6 months old for her first Christmas, but the next one was like magic! She totally caught on to the excitement and what she was supposed to do with the pretty, wrapped packages. :o)

I think it's really sweet that your mom is so thoughtful to wrap them in tissue paper.

Ruthie Hart said...

Such a beautiful family and Avery's outfits are stinkin cute!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness, Avery is so darn cute!! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with your little one, even if it it was a little anticlimactic! haha :) I bet each year it will just get better and better and better! Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

lol Abby was just 10 months at Christmas and she was having fun opening presents but she got a little over stimulated and got super overwhelmed she was not super happy poor thing!

Michelle said...

Eighty degrees?! We were at my in laws in Michigan so had a white Christmas, it was nice, I've never had that before. Happy 2014!

Michelle said...

Eighty degrees?! We were at my in laws in Michigan so had a white Christmas, it was nice, I've never had that before. Happy 2014!

Fran said...

Love her read onesie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...