Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Catch up!

Pin It!

Well, it's been a few months since Brandon and I got back from Europe and I've decided that I kind of miss blogging. A friend of mine recommended that I continue, especially during the wedding planning process, as some details are sure to be forgotten with time.  And I think that's a great idea :-)

The past three months have flown by! I'm still working at the Staffing Firm during the day, and the library a few nights a week. This has made homework and wedding planning quite the challenge.  However, I don't think anyone is busier than Brandon.  As if studying and being a member of the Law Review and Moot Court wasn't enough...he now works 24 hours a week for a lawfirm downtown! He was also just recently elected as the executive editor of the Law Review.  Needless to say, we've really had to make it a point to "schedule" time to see each other.  He sometimes studies at the library while I'm working, or I read on his couch while he studies :-) I couldn't be more proud and have never met someone that works so hard and complains so little.

But on to the good stuff! A little catch up on wedding progress... As most of you know, we booked the Temecula Creek Inn for our reception and ceremony. I had seen pictures from other weddings that took place there and always knew it was beautiful but I had no idea I would fall so in love with it. Brandon, Kandi and I went with my parents to go "venue shopping"  a few months ago, and after seeing the enormous oak trees with adorable hanging lanterns, charming stone house, and fields of green we knew it had to be the one. 




I  did find my dress last month, although I don't think I'll be posting a picture of it incase Brandon becomes a reader of this blog :-) But I absolutely fell head over heels. When Chelsea, Brittney and Jess were visiting me to celebrate the engagement we went to this little bridal store to try on dresses for fun. It was one of the first few that I found! I still made myself shop around a bit for a few weeks afterwards, but ultimately I went back to it. It's not at all what I expected I would pick!

Another HUGE find was our photographers. They are absolutely amazing. I found them when I was looking at a friend's family pictures on facebook. I loved the style and scheduled an appt to meet with Greg and Tim from Brightwood photography. They were a little younger than we expected, as they are both still in college but we knew we liked their photography style. We took our engagement pictures in Tenaja right by my parent's house at the end of January, and we were so happy when we got them back. They captured exactly what we were looking for!




In fact, the pictures were a cover feature on my latest blog obsession (stylemepretty.com) !!

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/03/19/engagement-session-by-brightwood-photography

Check out the article :-) I highly recommend Brightwood to anyone!

1 comments:

Christy said...

You must tell me where the dresses are from, they are fantastic! What an amazing shoot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...