Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Pin It!

Dear three-day weekend-
You could not have come at a better time, nor could you have been more enjoyable. I want to say thank you for allowing me to do absolutely nothing on Saturday. I stayed in my pajamas all day - only leaving the house to get bagels with Brandon in the morning, and grab lunch with Holland and Rio. After Brandon finished painting our cabinets, we sat and read our books for hours. Sunday we took my parents to a VIP padre game. I got really great tickets from my work (Life Technologies) that included a parking spot :-) It was a nice, sunny day and the Padres actually won! Life Technologies is a sponsor of the Padres so it was pretty cool to see our advertisement on the big screen.
Padre vs. Rockies

My mom and myself
After the game on Sunday, we had a couple of friends over for dinner. Brittney is moving to Scotland in a couple of weeks to go to graduate school (she's going to St. Andrews -- the same school as Prince William and Kate!) She'll be gone for a year and it was so nice to spend some time with her. I also haven't seen Kevin in forever so I was excited he was coming as well.



Britt stayed the night and we were up until 2:00 am just talking and laughing (which is really all we do when we get together). The next morning we met Kandi for breakfast at the Potato Shack, spent some quality time at Barnes & Noble and spent more time...talking. I was sad to say good-bye but will see her in January.

To end the wonderful three-day weekend Brandon and I just went and watched the sunset and now I'm going to curl up and finish reading Sarah's Key. Has anyone else read it? I'm having a hard time putting it down!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...