Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crazy Ever After

Pin It!

I wanted to thank all of the wonderful and supportive ladies that have sponsored me over the last couple of months. I love all of you and have enjoyed swapping with you all. I cannot believe that it is already March! How is this possible? I'm just getting used to writing/typing 2012. 

One of the very first blogs I fell in love with was Crazy Ever After. Lauren's gorgeous wedding pictures were what reeled me in, but her sense of humor is what has hooked me! I can't get enough of her blog. In the least creepy way possible, I probably daydream on a daily basis that Lauren lives in California and we are blogger besties who take our twin dogs on long walks on the beach, and laugh in slow motion while eating fro-yo to the Friends theme song. Alas, I have to settle for reading her blog daily and desperately hoping that she'll post a video with her cute Minnesotan accent, dontcha know? P.S. I'm over on her blog today!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys.

I am Lo. I blog over at Crazy Ever After. I will just cut to the chase and be straight with you. I am no where near the awesome level that Amira is at. But I am going to try. Sound good?
See that guy in the picture above? That would be my husband. And that was his expression when he saw me for the first time on our wedding day. Well a few minutes after our first look. We like to laugh a lot. And even though we are going through some crazy changes in our first year of marriage, we try to find the humor in it all.

I think that's why I like Amira so much. The girl just cracks me up. And it doesn't hurt that her dogger, Lucy is pretty much obsessed with my Bobo boy. (the feelings are more than mutual).
Both pups are members of the Green Coat Club.
A few weeks ago Amira had the genius idea of pairing up bloggers for a pen pal project. I knew I loved this girl before she wrote about this fab idea, but this further confirmed my adoration for her. Seriously. If you're not taking advantage of her sweet match making skills then you definitely should.

She introduced me to my Canadian neighbor to the north, the stellar Emily from Hope Squared. And we hit it off pretty much from the minute we discovered each other's blogs. We also stalk each other on Facebook. And on Twitter. And on Instagram. Oh and we even have each other's phone number. Thankfully she was there for me and talked me off the ledge the night Whitney Houston died. Not sure what I'd do without her.



We even eat chips, drink adult beverages, and Tweet pics to each other whilst sitting on our couches (just in separate countries). Not so much feeling her on the ketchup flavored Lays, though. Bleh.

left: Oh, Canada! right: Team USA!
I don't think Amira knew this prior to matching us up, but I have a special place in my heart for Canadians. My aunt lived there for several years and I was able to visit her twice while she took up residence there. In Toronto. Ironically enough, the same city my fair friend, Emily dwells. It's like it was meant to be. And just last night I got my very first care package from my Canadian penzy. I was super excited to get this package because Emily hinted that part of it was from Roots.

Below is a picture of me and my sister photographed in our Canadian Roots apparel. This picture was taken on my 17th birthday for my senior portraits (holy crap, that was almost 12 years ago, but let's not talk about that, mmkay?).

As soon as I got my mits on Emily's package I tore out of the post office like I stole it, and ripped it open the minute I got in the car. Among the goodies was a delicious bottle of Canadian maple syrup from Roots. I even made french toast tonight in hopes of smothering them with the sugary goodness. But it was not meant to be. Why, you ask? Because neither me or my hulk of a husband could get the dang syrup bottle open. Jesse is convinced Emily was playing a joke on us. Me thinks the same thing.

Here is some brief footage of me trying to get the bottle open. But to no avail.


So there you have it, folks. Doesn't this make you wish you had a pen pal too? Amira's grand idea has brought so much excitement into my usually boring life. And for that I am forever grateful.

Thanks for hanging around to read my rambles today. Rest assured that Amira will be back tomorrow. But if I struck your fancy then make sure to stop over to my corner of the interwebs for your daily dose of crazy. I will try not to disappoint.


8 comments:

Elisha said...

Great guest post!!! :)

Lauren Talon said...

Love this! I love both your blogs and am lucky enough to know Miss Emily in person so this was an all around fantastic post!! Hope you both have a great day! :)

Alexa said...

OMG. That first photo of your husband kills me! Haha. Thanks for the introduction, Amira!

Emily said...

I am going to go to Roots and ask them why they are selling me defective maple syrup. I hope it wasn't supposed to be decorative? That shizz cost some cheddar - so I will put in a formal complaint. Or send you one of those opener things for peeps with arthritis.

p.s. Thanks Amira for hooking me up with the coolest penzie ever.

p.p.s. Lo - I had purchased you a bag of ketchup lays but they wouldn't fit in the package. So I ate them. You're welcome.

Unknown said...

I like her blog. Great guest post!

Karla said...

haha that crazy girl I luv her always puts a smile on my face! the video was priceless!

* oh tagged ya on my post.. cuz ya know I luv ya too :)

Emily @ Emmy June said...

What a great guest post :) Glad the pen pal matchup is going so well!!!

Anonymous said...

You got a lovely blog, girl!
Keep up the great work!! x

fashion is for idiots [like us]
fashion is for idiots [like us]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...