Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday Letters

Pin It!


Dear Mom - Today is your birthday and there really isn't anyone on the planet I can think of that deserves a better one than you. For the entire 28 years of my life you've always given selflessly to your kids without ever thinking of yourself. Although I did not get your blonde hair or blue eyes, I did get your mannerisms. Brandon has stopped me in the middle of talking a few times to say, "Whoa, whatever hand motion you were just doing while telling that story was identical to your mom." I have always loved reading and all things book related, just like you. Perhaps it was all those years of reading to me when I was little, and taking me to Little Professor Book Store to let me pick out a book (or 3) every few weeks.  It goes without saying that I went on to get my English degree just like you. You have always been the smartest person I've ever known. 19 year ago you had to give birth on your birthday (that was unfortunate) but you gave me our youngest brother, Spencer.

Spence- Having a little brother ten years younger than me was sometimes like having my own living baby doll. I remember clearly when mom and dad brought you home. All 10 pounds 14 oz of you. Holding you was like holding a toddler. I loved when people would talk about how much you looked like me when I was a baby because I thought you were the cutest thing I had ever seen. I'll be honest and admit that I really wanted a sister. You see, I already had a younger brother, AJ. But I had to make due with what I was given. So when you were 4 years old, I would dress you up in my dresses, and put mascara and blush on you. You were always a good sport. Watching you grow up has been a lot of fun. Watching you start college has been weird. I still picture you as this little kid. Although you're now 6'4, you will always be my kid brother. Happy 19th Birthday, doodles.
One of the outtakes but one of my favorites :-)
Dad, Mom, Brandon, Me, Spencer & AJ
Photobucket


Photobucket

28 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

YOU ARE A MODEL!!!!!!! Happy birthday to your mama!

Cara said...

What a cute fam! I LOVE that wedding photo.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your wedding dress! Hot lady ;)

Love,
Brandy Jane Mabel

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to your mama :)
It's my fiances bday too! :)

P.s. you look GORGEOUS in your wedding photo

Annaliese said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Such a sweet post.

And your wedding dress was *beautiful!*

xoxo Miss ALK

P.S. I tagged you in a post on my blog! :-)

http://confessionsofamaineteenager.blogspot.com

Stesha said...

Happy Birthday to your mommy!!! PS the wedding photos are amazing. You look perfect!!

xx

Joy said...

1. We had a Little Professor bookstore in my town and it was the BEST! 2. I also have a little brother who is about 9 years younger and I agree - seeing him grow up/go to college is the weirdest. 3. Happy Birthday to your Mom and brother!

Lindsay said...

This is very sweet! ..and you looked gorgeous on your wedding!

Sami said...

I don't think I've ever seen your wedding photos but your dress is amazing and you look so pretty! :)

Mish Lovin' Life said...

Love your wedding picture with your mamma!! :) So pretty girlfriend!!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Amira, your look gorgeous in that pic of you and your mom!! So pretty! Happy bday to your mom and brother! xoxo

Laura said...

Oh Joyeux Anniversaire to your family members...I love that you wrote, "19 year ago you had to give birth on your birthday (that was unfortunate) but..." Cute ;)

Sue said...

You looked absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day!

Emily said...

Happy birthday Amira's Mom!

p.s. I am so honored to be sexting with such a babe.

Anonymous said...

Even though you don't share the same hair color or eye color, there is no denying that is your mom! I think ya'll smile exactly the same!

You looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day!!! :o)

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

You look so gorgeous in those photos! Those were sweet letters to the birthday twins!

Melissa said...

Awww. Happy Birthday to them both! You looked so stunning on your wedding day. I love that dress!

Raquel said...

Beautiful pictures!! You are stunning my dear!

Happy birthday to your mama!

Ben & Cassie said...

Love your dress btw. so cute your mom and brother share a bday. I love family, looks like you have a good one, you should probably keep them.

lori said...

so funny that your mom and brother share a birthday. happy birthday to the both of them!!

and you are so gorgeous, amira!

RadiantKristen said...

So sweet. Happy birthday to your mom and your brother.

Jasmine said...

I love this -- so cute :) You're also INCREDIBLY attractive. I want your life, seriously. The fact that you're a librarian-to-be just makes you even more dreamy in my opinion.

On a less creepy note, I love reading your letters posts :) Xx

Allison said...

Your family is beautiful! Such sweet letters. :)

Anonymous said...

First off you look beautiful!!! Second, your brother and I share the same name! :) Love the post.

http://comeawaywithmeblog.blogspot.de/

Courtney said...

You look gorgeous in that wedding pic!!

Contemplating Beauty said...

sweet sweet endearing letters!!!

vickichristine said...

adorbs.

Charisma Moran said...

Happy birthday to your mom and bro! My brothers are eight years younger than me so I know what you mean when you say it is weird to watch your brother go to college! My brothers are about to graduate high school and I am still kind of shocked about it. Where does the time go?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...