Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Paint N' Vineyard

Pin It!

If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen that on Friday, I met up with a bunch of bloggers at
which is basically a dream for anyone that likes wine, socializing, and/or painting (whether you have the talent or not). I was a tiny bit hesitant about the whole thing because stick figures are about as creative as I get. In fact, I've never painted on canvas in my life. Luckily, we had a great instructor, Jeff, who broke it down in tiny manageable steps even I could handle.
A sampling of the paintings available
Marie from 12 Signs Wine provided twelve different kinds of wine based on the Zodiac signs. You can actually host your own wine party and they'll provide the wine, and personal astrology readings. 
Sounds like a fun Girls' Night in to me!
I'm a Cancer so I was a Pinot Noir, fancy!
 And of course this group of girls knows how to eat...
After eating and chatting, it was time for class to begin. Everyone grabbed their glass(es) of wine and sat down at a blank canvas. Paint N' Vineyard provides the canvas, paint, apron and all of the brushes.
 Jeff led the group step-by-step and if we were having a bit of trouble, he stepped in to help.
Kelsey got a little Birthday surprise, and mine and Hollie's works of art!
On the left is the instructor's painting and on the right is mine. I struggled with making the waves breaking look realistic. Also, my palm tree kind of resembles The Lorax.
I snagged these group shots from Karina Irene

We really had the best time and I highly, highly recommend Paint N' Vineyard. It would be a fun class to take with your boyfriend, husband, or a group of girls! :-)


Photobucket

25 comments:

lo @ crazy ever after said...

Real Housewives of San Diego.

And quit lying. You know your birthday is June 8, thus making you a Gemini.

jes @ twosmuppies said...

definitely thought of real housewives... but lo already said that. so i'm just going to say i like this. a lot.
and want to do one immediately.
with all that food, too.
xx jes

Ruthie Hart said...

SO FUN!!! If I don't like wine or painting, can I still come?? and I agree with Lo...real housewives of SD...or real bloggers of SD haha

Kirsten Wiemer said...

gosh, this looks so fun!

-k

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Woop woop I'm a cancer too. =) When's your birthday?

I had sooo much fun Friday night, thanks so much for coming!

P.S. You got so many great pictures! What lens are you using

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

My goodness! What a FUN night! We have something called Sip n' Strokes here in our area...I've been dying to do it! Your painting turned out amazing!! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like such a fun thing to do. I used to love drawing and haven't been in far too long, makes me want to get back into it.

Mish Lovin' Life said...

How funnnn!

Is it expensive?

And where was my invite?? ;)

Ben & Cassie said...

What a great idea, this looks too fun, I am seriously impressed by those painting, you are practically Bob Ross, remember that guy on that weird channel with the afro that was SO good at painting! Anyways such a fun weekend idea, looks relaxing and delicious!

Ash said...

so great to finally meet up with you! as usual, you got some GREAT shots girl!

can't wait to meet up again!

henning love said...

how cool!! what a fun evening with bloggers and i love the shirt you are wearing amira so cute on you

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

That looks like so much fun!! And your painting looks great.

Katherine Krieg said...

this looks like so much fun!!

Sue said...

This would be so fun. My painting would come out looking like a bunch of blobs because I am that talented with art but I would have fun trying!

Allison said...

We have something in Ohio called Cheers to Art that I've been to a handful of times that looks very similar. What's better than wine and pretending to be an artist with your girlfriends? Did you find a spot to hang your painting??

Alison Kinsey said...

hi amira!! we didn't formally meet @ the event, but i was there. definitely a SUPER FUN night! i was so impressed with my painting. i never thought i could replicate it, so i was equally relieved when jeff broke everything down for us in baby steps. i had a blast & i love all the photos you got from the night! i look forward to meeting you at another event :)

Jack and Friends said...

This looks like a ton of fun, I'm bummed I missed it this time around :( I hope to see you at the next event!

Heather / Jack's Blog
http://readjacksblog.blogspot.com

Justine said...

This looks so fun! I was just in Vancouver, Canada last week and stopped in at this bar called "Raw Canvas". Half of the bar is seating and the other half is an art studio, where you can buy a canvas and pay to use their supplies and space while enjoying stuff from the bar! So fun, and you did a freaking awesome job. I love painting, but I'm miserable at it.

Justine said...

This looks so fun! I was just in Vancouver, Canada last week and stopped in at this bar called "Raw Canvas". Half of the bar is seating and the other half is an art studio, where you can buy a canvas and pay to use their supplies and space while enjoying stuff from the bar! So fun, and you did a freaking awesome job. I love painting, but I'm miserable at it.

Allie said...

oooh your tree does look like it's from the lorax! i like yours because it looks more whimsical than the instructor's. And you got some great shots from that night! I'm especially loving that first one with the decor. And of course the food...but i mean, come on, that's automatically a given.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

SO jealous!!! Looks like WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks for sharing girl!

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

How much fun is that!!!!! So awesome to combine friends, art, and good eats. Thanks for sharing!
-Kristen

The Mrs. and The Momma

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! Chels & I just bought a living social deal for one down here in LA. Can't wait to use it!

Hollie Ann said...

youre such a good photographer, amira!!! i had so much fun with you...soooo glad you were there!! :)

we need to meet up for happy hour or something sometime!

thanks for no action shots of me ;)

Clare said...

How fun! I would love to do something like that sometimes... maybe when I move back to the U.S.?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...