Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mister Sushi

Pin It!

Last week Brandon and I decided to go out for Wednesday night sushi to celebrate the fact that the week was half over. We tried Mister Sushi in Encinitas which neither of us had tried before. We ended up getting the Mister Sushi Roll, the Albacore Roll, the Nigiri Albacore and the good ol' California Roll. It was all delicious and satisfied the intense craving I had for sushi all day.
Mister Sushi Roll: Shrimp tempura and crab, topped with spicy yellow tail and special mixture sauce
Albacore Roll: Shrimp tempura and crab, topped with albacore, avocado and green onions

We sat at the bar and the service was great. Our food came out right away and every roll is 1/2 off...all of the time! (Although each one is about $15-20 to start.) I would have to say that I've had better California rolls. It was all shredded crab instead of the big piece of crab I love, and they skimped on the avocado.
But the other rolls were delicious! 
I'd give Mister Sushi a B+

Photobucket

19 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum that looks so good!

Michelle said...

Amira you are KILLING me! I've been craving sushi for months, but the husband is not a fan :( Looks so yummy. But how dare they skimp on avocado?! That is a travesty.

Mandee said...

I love that went out on a Wednesday to celebrate the week being half over:) I mean, why not!?

Makaila said...

YUM. Love love love me some sushi. Love more that you celebrated just cause the week was half over. That's my kind of celebration. :)

Anonymous said...

Sushi is by far the prettiest food. I am a horrible food photographer but I always seem to luck out with my sushi pics - yum!!

Oliviaaa said...

that albacore roll looks sooooo delicious!!! i love me some sushi. i need more in my life... like on the daily!

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

Looks yummy! Is it weird to want sushi at 9:30 in the morning?

Unknown said...

I have seriously been craving sushi lately....this might just push me over the edge to get it tonight lol

Michelle said...

Fun date night!

Jenna said...

Yum, this makes me crave sushi! Sushi dates are the best :)

xxx
Jenna

Jessica said...

I have been craving sushi but sadly I started looking at nutrition of it..not so good lol & yes I think the best sushi is those places that have 50% off.. theres a few in san marcos that are yummy!!

happy wednesday

xoxo
jessica

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying! This all looks SO GOOD!

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

yum, that makes me hungry for real sushi. i finally tried the one and only place that has sushi in my tiny little town and it was not good. i may actually need several months to recover!

Nicole - Craft My Soul said...

if you're ever in the Whittier, CA area and LOVE sushi, you must try Azabu Sushi. Its a quaint hole-in-the-wall place. The kind of place where the boss makes you feel like he knows you. Must haves: Crunchy shrimp, Albacore sashimi, tomatoes roll (doesn't really have tomatoes), and the sue roll (a roll created for and named after my friend... seriously)

Love this place!

Hollie Ann said...

i'm a sushi deli fan myself!!

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

I love me some sushi! I could eat it every meal. Thanks for sharing....it looks like it was yummy!
-Kristen

The Mrs. and The Momma

lori said...

this looks SO good! i love sushi! my hubs won't eat it so i always have to make it a girls night!

Ben & Cassie said...

Gotta learn to like this stuff, it is so pretty! DATE NIGHT!

Unknown said...

love sushi. now I am craving it. looks like i know what date night will be this weekend- thanks to you! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...