Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chicken Soup for the Movie Lover's Soul

Pin It!

"Inside a snowflake like the one on your sleeve,
there happened a story you must see to believe."
~Dr. Seuss 

As many of you know,
I have been counting down the days until my Christmas
vacation staycation from work.
I will have ten days off between December 24th and January 2nd.
That gives me eleven nights in a row to watch Christmas movies.
{I can hardly contain the squeals}

Here are my choices in no particular order:

1. A Christmas Carol
{all of them, even Mickey's}


2. Elf
{because who doesn't love Will Ferrell?}


3. The Family Man
{love, love, love}


4. The Grinch
{adore all of them including the original cartoon}


5. Home Alone
{this movie makes me feel like a kid again}


6. It's a Wonderful Life
{I cry every time}


7. Love Actually
{Brandon and I watch this every single year}


8. A Christmas Story
{would you believe I only saw this for the first time 2 years ago?}


9. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation


10. The Nightmare Before Christmas
{love this movie at Halloween time too}


11. Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer
{and all the old claymation movies}


What am I missing? What are your favorites?
Because let's be honest,
I'll probably be watching Christmas movies for the next 3 weeks.

XO,

Photobucket

7 comments:

Christine said...

aahhh! I love this! I totally have a christmas movie list too. Our lists share numbers 2-8 {no jokes, all the same :)}. I'm so glad somebody else adds The Family Man to their list, I thought I was the only one :)

Anonymous said...

I also loved The Family Man, though I've only seen it once. Love Actually is obviously a big family favorite though your dad rolls his eyes when I watch it now as it's been about 25 times!

I'd add The Holiday to the list - the one about a home exchange between LA & England at Christmas time & stars Jack Black, Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz & Jude Law.

Kelly Anne said...

Oooooh let's watch Family Man the 29th. Definitely one of my all time favs! Love you!

Anonymous said...

We have a lot of the same favorites!!! You should add The Family Stone to your list. That's a REALLY good one!

Unknown said...

Love all of those, I have never seen Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life. Sad, huh? Every year we say we're going to watch them but I have always had a horrible work schedule, not to mention working on the holidays so we have put them off. We are going to start a tradition where we watch one off your list on Christmas Eve and give the kiddos a new pair of jammies. You should watch 'The Ref', not necessarily a Christmas movie but it is really good. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110955/)

Robin said...

I love the holidays :] and the movies that come with! I just watched Elf last week, so funny. It is a tradition that my family watched Love Actually every Christmas eve! And...my boyfriend and I had never seen A Christmas Story either. Soo last year we went to rent it...we ended up both falling asleep and never finishing it! Whoops!

Happy Holidays & thanks for the comment!

http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

beina said...

I even love "Little women"!!!
it brings Christmas in my home!!!
Have a nice day!!!
And thank you, thank you for join my blog!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...