Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mini Apple Pies

Pin It!

I found this yummy recipe at Little Bit Funky
and let me tell you, these little mini pies are delicious. 
I didn't realize that they would be a little more time consuming
than I had planned...which isn't saying much
{since I didn't even know you had to peel the apples for apple pie}

Ingredients:
4 cups of apples cut into 1/2 inch bites
6 tablespoons of flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 tablespoons of chilled butter cut into 12 equal portions
1 box Pillsbury pie crusts chilled not frozen.

Step. 1 
Peel apples and cut into small 1/2 inch bites. Once I peeled them, I used an apple corer,
or apple divider, to split them in eight and then I cut them.

Step 2.
Mix the apples with the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
 Make sure you stir well so they are evenly coated

Step 3.
Unroll both of the pie crusts and cut out 12 circles.
You can use the top of a large glass or lid
{or empty oatmeal container in my case.}

Step 4.
Place one small pie crust in each cup of your muffin tin.
{I sprayed with Pam first so they wouldn't stick!}

Step 5.
Fill until slightly mounded and top with equally divided butter

Step 6.
Take what little dough is left over and cover however you'd like.
I used little strips. Then I brushed with butter.


Step 7.
Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes.
{I don't like mine too hard and crispy so I baked mine for 16 minutes}

Step 8.
Enjoy!!!
I wish we had vanilla ice cream to go with it. 



Photobucket

4 comments:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely trying this soon!

Ruthie Hart said...

WOW these look mouth watering GOOD!! My hubby doesnt like pie but I LOVE LOVE it! Maybe I will just make these for myself :-)

beina said...

They look so good!!!!!!
Thank you, I'll try them!
Have a nice week!

Danielle said...

Oh wow! These look sooo good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...