Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Lights

Pin It!

So Brandon and I finally put up our Christmas lights.
What do you think?

 
Kidding.
{Did you believe me?}
Last night Brandon and I drove around some local neighborhoods
to take pictures of Christmas lights.

Carmel Mountain Ranch has a great neighborhood filled with lights
but this one stood out especially. 
An elderly couple put so much time and love into this.
{And although you can't see it, there is a dedication to their grandchildren on the garage}
 See the window above -- to the right of the garage?
When you walk up to it
they have a set of stairs so you can peek inside.
It was filled with an entire Christmas scene
complete with a gondola/ski lift,
Santa and his sleigh taking off into the clouds,
a carousel, 
and little shops.
 Their front porch
 This house below had a little window with a Santa movie playing
plus, I loved their tree.
 carousel
 Then we made our way out to Olivenhein which is closer to home.
"Lone Jack Road."
These people went nuts with the trees.
Gorgeous.
 Tell me this tree doesn't look like a giant dandelion.
{I want it}
I want to live here.
Fun with camera settings on the drive.

Christmas is only 9 days away. 
I remember as a kid being ecstatic when it got to the single digits.
It's just out of our reach now.


Photobucket

11 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

OMG I was about to freak out! Those lights are amazing but crazy and over the top!

Kodi ODay said...

So pretty!
I love the idea of the movie playing in the window. I must try that when I get my own house.

Thanks to Ruthie I found your blog, and I am now your newest follower!

Have a great weekend!
<3kodi
imleavingmymark.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

OMG.. where did u find these homes? I should take my fiance to visit them considering this is his first Christmas in San Diego NOT being deployed or going home to NC. I loved all of them. I used to love driving around looking at Christmas lights with the family.

Mckenzie Jean said...

hahaha, thats too funny about JTT!
I specifically remember being out a recess, and having this HUGE secret to tell my friends, it was going to take a bit to get it out of me, but I finally cracked. (this was pre-thinking boys were cute. they still had cooties) and I told them..."my sister has a CRUSH on JTT!" we all erupted in "ewwwww"'s, but it wasn't a year later that we all succumbed to him, Hanson.....and Ja Rule.


Those christmas lights are fantastic! how nicely done, I bet it was so fun just being there! That is so sweet that they do that for their grandchildren, I bet they just think its magical being there.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!! That first house is awesome!!! I occasionally see houses around here that look similar and I have to wonder how long it takes them to put something together like that!!! It's like Christmas Vacation! :o)

Anonymous said...

wow, that place looks amazing! Almost like it's straight out of Christmas Vacation! :)

www.livingbarefootandcrazy.blogspot.com ♥

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Just found your blog and I am loving it! Super cute. Loved this post and the last one CRACKED me up! hahaha Where are you from? Those homes reminded me of San Diego where I am from :)

Anonymous said...

OH--we used to live in CMR area and we always drove over to Rancho P. to Christmas Card Lane--thanks for the memories :D

Ashley Slater said...

there are no christmas lights like that in myrtle beach! I am hoping when I go home next week I can drive around at night and really get in the christmas spirit. something about being in 70+ degree weather everyday makes it hard to get into it!

xo,
ashley

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Oh my gosh where in Carmel Mountain Ranch is this neighborhood?! I REALLY want to go! Candy Cane Lane in Poway is the best Christmas lights neighborhood I've found in SD, but this street also looks wonderful too.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

Omg! I envy everyones houses on this post. Maybe someday my house will half as good as these....I can dream cant I? lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...