Friday, December 30, 2011

DIY Coasters

Pin It!

 I found a DIY coaster tutorial on pinterest
and decided to get crafty for a couple of special peeps in my life. 
You guys it was seriously so easy
and so much fun. 


You'll Need:
Pretty Paper of your choosing
Tiles from Home Depot (.16 cents each people!)
Scissors
Interior Glue or Modge Podge
Brush for glue
Clear Acrylic Spray
Felt stickers

Step 1. I chose two different papers and cut them into 4x4 squares

Step 2. Paint the glue onto the tile and stick the paper on top.

Step 3.We had to put something underneath the tiles so that when we sprayed them they didn't stick to the paper below.
I lost my marbles over this red glitter wrapping paper from Paper Source

Step 4. Spray with clear coat.
Wait to dry.
Spray again.
We did several coats.

I really love the way the coasters with patterned paper turned out. 
Unfortunately, the red glitter paper kept getting air bubbles and ripples
and doesn't look quite as profesh when all is said and done. 
If I could do it all over again I would choose a paper that isn't as thick.


If you make your own I'd love to see how they turn out!!

XO,

Photobucket

12 comments:

lo @ crazy ever after said...

These look great, Amira! I need to try this for sure.

Kelly said...

Wow! They turned out great. How easy. Thanks for sharing.

ps-I love how your husband helped you out :) {atleast, i don't think those hands belong to you!? jk.}

Ruthie Hart said...

these look awesome!

Jena Roach said...

These look so cute! :) Love the red sparkly ones especially!

Jessica said...

Those are so adorable!!! & would make GREAT Christmas presents for aunts & uncles. I shall try this

Jane said...

Cute! Adorable! I love them.

Kendra said...

Those are simply lovely! How glitzy!

beina said...

Nice!!!!
And thank you for looking my blog!Thanks!
And happy new year!

Heather said...

What a fun little project. So glad I found your blog today! I'll be coming back!

Anonymous said...

thse just look absolutely amazing!! thanks for the tutorial... i am going to give it a try out soon =) xx

www.pebbzblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love!

henning love said...

what a great project!! i love the printed paper and the sparkly paper you selected, very festive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...